Sunday, December 23, 2007

gah

Things have been crazy around here in the world of BusyBarista. Friday night at work was ridiculous. My shift manager, M we will call her, decided to deny me my 10minute break at work. Normally, this isn't a big deal for me, since I never really take them, and I don't really need them. But if I ask specifically for one, I expect to be able to take one--as awarded to me by law. So she denied me my 10minute break, because she said that we were "too busy". Okay, whatever, not a big deal. So I went in the back to finish my job (washing and sanitizing all the dishes used in a day at work, it's more than you'd think!), and got quiet. I was, first and foremost, pissed off at being denied what I legally had the right too. But the only reason I got quiet, truly, was because if we are so busy that I can't take my break, we must be way too busy for any idle chit-chat, right? So I got quiet, lah-dee-dah, and kept washing. Well M gets annoyed at my silence and asks what my problem is. I was sort of surprised that she even noticed, cause we were so "busy". But she got annoyed at my answer of, "nothing, just doing my job". M then proceeded to slam everything that she had to touch around, and totally ignore me. She even went as far as to jump down my throat for asking a simple question about a task being done. Then she went on to say, "Pumpkin, if you plan on getting out of here on time, you should probably step it up and do something". AS IF I WAS DOING NOTHING!

Needless to say, I was pissed by the end of the night. I didn't say anything about it though, I kept up my happiness, and continued to try and engage her in conversation to get it all to blow over. I was shaking with rage by the end of the night.

Then I came in this morning to work. I wanted to take to my shift manager at that time about what I should do about covering a shift for someone else, working with M tonight after what happened. Well, M came in before I got the chance and dashed all hope of me thinking it'd just blow over cause she was having a bad night. She was rude, spiteful, and made a point to talk kindly to everyone on shift but me. What the fuck ever, right? Well, I have to work with her tonight, so I was extremely worried at this point, so I talked to S, my shift manager for this morning. S, after hearing my side, told me that M had told her that I got pissed off with some "attitude problem" and refused to work, going as far as to SIT DOWN! WTF! I didn't sit down the whole fucking time. I did a lot of the breaking down--her job as a shift. Because she was so worried about "covering for me" by mopping....wtf, mopping, seriously? If we were so busy, the mopping could very well fucking wait! So I, at this point, was ready to fight this cunt. But I didn't. Instead, I did what I should have done first, instead of thinking it'd all blow over. I called the big boss--H. H promptly called me back and we discussed the situation. M had already talked to him, and told him her side of the story. So I told him mine. He said we both need to act like adults, and he would speak with her about denying me my 10minute break.

I'm still working tonight. I have no idea how it'll go. But needless to say, I'm ready for just about anything. I have a feeling that this will all blow up--because I refuse to apologize about something I didn't do. I will go in, say hello to her, and then do my work and leave. I will not engage her in conversation unless she does so first towards me. I will not go above and beyond my work...I will do it, get it done, and get out of there. I will not allow her to deny me my 10minute break again, and I refuse to allow her to degrade my work--so I'm going to be working my ass off to make sure it all looks perfect. I know that she will try and bog me down with all sorts of dishes that aren't normally needed to be done. But that's okay, I will prevail andmake her eat her fucking words.

If we have to argue, we will do it without the customers around, and I will call H down there, cause I refuse to take her shit while I'm doing the store a favor.


I've lost all love for her, and I will know at the beginning of my shift if I've lost all respect for my boss and his handling of situations.

I only wish that this didn't have to happen before my transfer goes through, considering he has to write a recommendation for me, and I'm pretty sure he'll take the person with seniority's side.

1 comment:

BOSSY said...

Bossy is so pathetic, she gets jealous at any mention of Real Jobs, even really frustrating jobs.